Since its founding in 2012, Paxos has sought to enable the movement of assets; starting with the launch of the itBit exchange in Singapore. Fast forward to 2015 when the New York State Department of Financial Services granted Paxos a limited-purpose trust charter, thus establishing it as the first company approved and regulated to offer crypto products and services. By seeking the highest forms of regulation and compliance, Paxos has distinguished itself within the blockchain industry and earned the trust of discerning institutional and individual investors.
Paxos has since continued to operate within established regulatory frameworks while creating innovative new products. This includes workstreams in the tokenization of securities, precious metals and commodities, such as the Paxos Standard token, a digital dollar launched in 2018. Since our founding, we have raised over $93M in venture funding, grown to three offices, and have 110 employees working on exciting and innovative products.
Our Post-Trade business has grown from 2 or 3 customers in the summer of 2017 to over 30 customers today from more than 10 countries. We’ve helped our customers facilitate over 450,000 commodities and FX trades worth over $800 billion in aggregate. We want to continue this momentum and increase our growth trajectory globally.
To help facilitate this growth, we are looking for a VP, Sales to join the London or NYC team and focus on building out our sales process for new products in the FX and Commodities Markets. This is a senior role and will be responsible for building the sales function, setting goals and targets, and hiring/growing/managing a team to help hit these targets.
Prior experience managing a high-performing sales team is a must. In addition to this experience, we are looking for a candidate who is a player/coach and thrives in a scrappy and fast-evolving environment. Knowledge of FX and Commodities is helpful, but not a requirement for this role. We're happy to have someone on board who is new to this space but excited to learn.
As a Director, Sales you will:
- Focus on hiring and putting systems in place to create a high-performing sales and relationships management organization. You’ll design the hiring plan, execute, set performance benchmark and set an example of client-focused behavior for your sales team in different areas of the world in order to drive the success of the entire team.
- Discover new ways that we can grow our customer base by using our existing customer base.
- Work closely with the Product Team to conceive and execute a data-backed approach to identify and evaluate business opportunities in the commodities ecosystem that can turn into product prototypes.
- Partner cross functionally with internal teams (Legal, Compliance, Marketing, Product, Engineering, etc.) to develop a replicable framework to engage potential new customers for validated use cases.
- Partner with the Head of Marketing to design and execute a sophisticated approach to engage key players in the commodities ecosystem to help build trust in the Paxos brand and establish our products as the leader in the industry
Who You Are:
- You have significant experience in business development, client relationship, sales and/or relationship management
- You have significant experience selling complex B2B SaaS products in a competitive industry
- You have worked in a startup before and have helped grow a business by reaching revenue targets
- You have managed and built teams in previous roles
- You enjoy doing sales and relationship management yourself. We expect you to carry some sales responsibility directly, particularly in the early stages, and to acquire first-hand experience in selling our products to our target market
- You care about your customers and understand their problems and needs and communicate those effectively to your product and engineering counterparts.
- You have experience working in highly ambiguous, fast-paced environments.
- You can grow a product’s customer-base quickly using a variety of methods like direct sales, channel partnerships, referral programs, etc.
- You have an understanding of the agile product development cycle and how to drive external relationships to accommodate discovery
- You have the ability to leverage a strong track record in building client relationships at the executive level from other domains/verticals to build a playbook for Paxos and its use cases
- You can quickly understand complex topics and solutions as well as business problems. You know what it takes to succeed in driving sales across these new topics.
- You embody our culture and values