Algorand’s Team Lead / Manager, DevOps leads a small team in the development and release of Algorand’s blockchain products.
This is an opportunity for someone who is genuinely excited by new technologies, has a passion for building products that truly matter, and an affinity for developing and supporting the professional growth of DevOps talent. You will be working on a fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile project with a significant opportunity for industry-level impact on emerging blockchain technologies.
- Hire, manage, develop, and lead a small team of high performing DevOps engineers
- Devise innovative ideas for solving hard technical problems involving distributed systems, scale and security and translate these ideas into designs and implementation; suggest novel approaches to problems and drive the team to continually think outside of the box
- Define and enforce best-practices for organization-wide access to AWS resources
- Work with R&D teams to plan a CI/CD process to deliver predictable builds of measurable quality, to characterize and optimize the overall system performance
- Design and build advanced cross-platform automated build, test and release infrastructure
- Contribute to projects to drive testing, automation, product release, and Engineering empowerment
- Scope and define work based on problems that can be unclear or ambiguous
- Guide team through phases of software planning and delivery with support from Engineering Leadership
- Deliver clear and concise updates to the team and broader group
- Communicate cross-functionally to peers, stakeholders, and leadership
- Be a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field; Master’s/PhD in Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- Demonstrable experience coaching and driving a team of DevOps engineers to product delivery; strong in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority
- 5+ years of experience working on and shipping complex applications as part of a team
- 2+ years in a team or technical lead role preferred; a genuine affinity for people management required
- Experience using AWS services including IAM, S3, EC2, RDS, and Lambda
- Experience maintaining highly available production systems
- Experience designing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines with Travis or equivalent
- Experience with Bash and Python scripting
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience managing complex GitHub projects, preferably open-sourced
- Experience employing GitFlow or other Git workflow strategies
- Willingness to be on-call for incident response and RCA
- Enjoyment for working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, and able to be physically present for the majority of time with the team in the office
Why Join Algorand?
- Disruptive Technology
- Visionary Leadership
- Collegial and Collaborative Culture
- Transformative Industry
- Global Impact
Some Of Our Benefits:
Healthcare Plans & Premiums
Algorand provides company-sponsored Medical and Dental programs and covers the full premium cost of Medical and Dental contributions. Employees only have to cover copayments (including prescription costs) and any other healthcare costs incurred outside of the plan.
We have a flexible paid time-off approach for our full-time, exempt Employees — in short, take what you need, when you need it. In practice, this relies on the good judgment of our employees to balance their personal time-off with their workplace responsibilities, deadlines, and deliverables.
We reimburse our employees up to $300 per month for parking fees or public transportation costs.