The Paxos London Team is looking for a Site Lead and Director of Engineering to join our rapidly growing engineering team. As a key member of the engineering team, you will have influence on our product strategy by helping define the product features, refine system architecture, and spearhead best practices that enable a high quality product. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
This is the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, small, and flat organization responsible for developing our industry leading products from design to production, as well as overseeing multiple projects from end-to-end. This role will be in London and reporting to the Senior Vice President and Head of Engineering in NYC. If you’re looking for an opportunity to directly see your work impact the business and the future of finance, then this is the job for you! We welcome diverse engineering backgrounds and are able to offer highly interesting challenges.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced engineering leader in developing customer-facing products in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- You demonstrate a solid understanding of core engineering concepts and are able to drive engineering best practices throughout the team
- You can understand and articulate the design and architecture of the entire system to technical and non-technical audiences
- You are able to drive business outcomes and objectives
- You are able to build a team including reaching out to your network, drive the recruiting process, and closing candidates
- You maintain a high level of engagement and motivation on the team
- You are eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- You are able to communicate and work closely with several stakeholder groups (Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Business Development, HR, etc.)
- You are driven to learn new technologies
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll build a world class, efficient, and high velocity engineering team with a strong sense of ownership and engagement
- You’ll interface closely with product, operations, business development, HR, compliance, security, and finance to drive product development outcomes
- You’ll build quality products that are scalable, supportable, and reliable
- Lead and drive architecture decisions related to our products
- You’ll foster relationships and interactions between the London and NYC offices and identify synergies and sharing of information between the two
- You’ll mentor, coach, and develop the London engineering team
- You’ll participate in the London technical community and help drive employer brand awareness
We use Java, Kotlin and other languages in our London office. While you don't need to have deep experience in either, interest (and the ability to learn these) are core attributes we will look for in candidates.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries and flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited PTO
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- A fun, vibrant office environment in London with a smart and passionate team doing incredible things to modernize Finance.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Since its founding in 2012, Paxos has sought to enable the movement of assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets--from money to commodities to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy. By seeking the highest forms of regulation and compliance, Paxos has distinguished itself within the blockchain industry and earned the trust of discerning institutional and individual investors.
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is a digital dollar and the world’s first regulated crypto asset. This stablecoin is backed 1:1 by dollars and offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange. We also offer related trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Post-Trade: Based in London, our Post-Trade team works on a broad suite of products to simplify post-trade confirmations for precious metals, other commodities and FX markets. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service in late 2018 and has already confirmed well over 100,000 trades with aggregate notional values in the hundreds of billions of dollars.