At OmiseGO, we believe that having access to financial services can change lives.
Our mission is to enable people to access financial services that are fast, fair and secure, anytime, anywhere.
We are building an inclusive financial technology platform that enables real-time exchange and payment services. Our global teams are solving problems to address barriers to financial inclusion and building a community around the OMG network. Together, we can empower businesses to better reach and serve their customers. Join us!
Why we need you
Great documentation is a critical feature to the product experience for our end users, integration partners, and developers. OmiseGO is looking for a skilled writer with a strong technical foundation to lead the creation and evolution of our documentation. In this role, you will work closely with engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to organize and improve existing documentation, create new content, develop our documentation processes, and improve our developer experience.
What you will be doing
- Work closely from the beginning to the end of the feature development cycle with the Product and Engineering team to understand the documentation needs of new products or features
- Responsible for all external-facing documentation on the OmiseGO Developer Portal
- Research to understand the goal of documentation and the intended audiences
- Plan, organize, and release documentation, collaborating with the product and engineering teams as needed.
- Develop new and improve existing documentation including API specifications, user guides, diagrams, and technical blog posts geared towards helping developers become successful with their integrations
- Familiarize yourself with our APIs and features enough to be able to create new content
- Develop our documentation style guide, processes, and tooling
- Create new documentation features for the OmiseGO Developer Portal
- Continuously monitor content and update when necessary to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Empathize with the developer audience and understand how important documentation is for a good developer experience
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have extensive experience in writing documentation for B2B products, including API specifications
- Skilled at prioritization and organization
- Able to explain complex and technical concepts simply and clearly, in meaningful ways to a particular audience
- Have experience with and/or have a strong interest in blockchains and crypto
- Have experience with a command line, source control, HTML/CSS, and a programming language (not necessarily in a professional context)
- Experience with static site generators, a plus
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who love to learn and grow
- A beautiful work environment with flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- A Laptop to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
What we believe
- We celebrate individualism
- Nourish a trust-based working culture
- Giving our employees the freedom to develop and grow with us
- OmiseGO is part of Omise Holdings, founded in 2017, currently 40 people
- Operational headquarters in Bangkok, with offices in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia
- Omise Holdings raised over $45M of funding, from institutional investors including SoftBank International, Golden Gate Ventures, Global Brain, Ascend Venture Group, East Ventures, Sinar Mas Digital Ventures, Krungsri Finnovate, and more
OmiseGO was launched in 2017 as a technology first company with a mission to enable people to access financial services that are fast, fair and secure. In building a global platform for open financial services, OmiseGO's products and services include the white label, open source eWallet Suite, the OMG Network and technical consulting services.
The OMG Network is a decentralized network that enables transparent, peer-to-peer transactions in real-time and facilitates self-sovereign financial services across geographies, asset classes and applications. Leveraging payment and blockchain expertise, OmiseGO works with enterprises, startups and non-profit organizations to form their payment and eWallet strategy, provide implementation support and co-create new products.
The OmiseGO eWallet Suite allows users to build and integrate a front-end interface to mint, deposit, transact, track and withdraw digital assets. The full suite includes tools for providers to customize apps to their specific needs.
How to apply
If you liked what you read and believe to be up for the challenge, we'd be pleased to welcome you to the recruitment process for this position. Simply click on apply and submit your contact info. Afterward, this will happen next:
- The hiring team will review your application and your piece of work (please attach the link to your work with this application)
- 3-4 Interviews with the hiring team, People Operations team and all stakeholders involved in the process