Looking for a Senior Back-End Engineer to join our founding team and make it the indispensable product for every community in the world.
With an active user base that has skyrocketed from 40 000 to 1 million in a few months, our tech stack is constantly evolving to meet the demands of our rapidly expanding user base.
As a senior backend developer, you will play a critical role in shipping new features that are optimized for scalability, optimizing our current code, and driving the development and maintenance of our backend systems.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Co-own the product - have high autonomy, and take responsibility where you see the need. As an early engineer, you'll have a prominent voice in all engineering decisions.
- Innovate and iterate - you'll get to both try bold new ideas and refine & optimize the ones that work and are due to a second iteration
- Tackle A+ technical problems - we expect you to focus on the most important technical questions and solve them, with a focus on incremental and daily contributions to all parts of our product code base
OUR TECH STACK:
- Front: Typescript, React, ReactQuery
- Back: Node.js, Express, KnexJS, PostgreSQL, Redis, Rockset, BullMq
YOU'LL BE A GREAT FIT IF:
- You have experience with NodeJS (3y+) on large scale backend applications
- You have a strong experience in designing distributed and secure systems
- You're self-motivated and self-managing - you have a strong ability to break down big projects into small deliverables and take ownership of your own projects
- You're proactive - you are proactive in picking up work and valuing feedback, eager to learn and grow.
- You’re product-minded - you care about product performance and how the things you build make people feel.
We are a small team of overachievers, hard workers, and infinite learners, with employees from all over the world. We believe in the power of diversity and are committed to building a team that reflects that. This is an opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and make a real impact!