DFINITY is looking for a distributed computing Researcher specialized in networking and specifically peer-to-peer protocols. The role is to design and analyze practical network architectures and protocols with provable guarantees (failure-resilience, optimality, security, incentive compatibility, and beyond). You will contribute in creating a high performance Internet Computer. We offer a flexible work style with a chance to work in a very dynamic team alongside talented people from all around the world.
- Design a reliable and efficient routing and gossiping protocol for a peer-to-peer network
- Deliver quality research paper(s) along with good internal documentation and proof of concept codes
- Participate in software architecture decisions and provide consultation to the engineering team
- Work in a mixed team of engineers and researchers focused on both innovation and delivery.
- Represent the company in academic and industry conferences and share technical information with the public
- Strong knowledge and experience on distributed systems
- Extensive empirical experience with designing peer-to-peer gossiping and routing protocols
- Extensive experience with network security, and best practices in the design
- Strong knowledge on graph theory
- Good understanding of cryptographic protocols
- Experience with using cryptographic primitives
- PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience as a postdoctoral researcher or industry researcher is a plus
- An excellent record of peer-reviewed publications