Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
The Workplace Experience Team creates an engaging and innovative environment that encourages employees to do the best work of their lives. Everything we do, is in an effort to improve and inspire employee belonging, productivity, innovation, as well as attract and retain top talent. The Workplace Experience Team partners closely with various functional teams and our internal business partners to deliver cohesive and impactful workplace experiences.
As the Office Manager, you will be the go-to person within the team across the organization for support. Using your strong general knowledge of departmental policies and procedures you will route service requests to the appropriate teams or vendors. You will help manage space planning and move functions throughout the organization, facilitate local office engagement and events, assist with our local food and beverage programs, as well as spearhead impact through resolving daily requests and tickets.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage the calendars for leadership in the office. This includes scheduling internal and external meetings, booking conference rooms, and managing logistics needed for said meetings (such as ordering catering).
- Book domestic and international travel using TripActions.
- Handle expenses using Abacus.
- Act as a representative of the people that you support.
- Assist with gathering documents, signatures, and notarizations as requested.
- Establish strong relationships and rapport with the leadership you support and their teams.
- Attend meetings when requested (if possible).
- Meet the following EA SLA’s (during normal business hours):
- Respond to email requests within 4 hours and resolve within 24 hours.
- Respond to slack request within 2 hours.
- Respond to calls/texts within 1 hour.
- Answer and respond to incoming tickets, emails, slacks, and calls. Establish appropriate group to handle service request, with the ability to respond and reroute requests.
- Assist with various requests by dispatching work orders, which may include electrical, flooring, lighting, HVAC service calls, painting, pest control, plumbing and signage.
- Build rapport and relationships with vendors, which would include overseeing catering, snacks and beverages, ordering supplies, requesting service for small equipment, recycle pick-up coordination, etc.
- Co-ordinate local HR tasks, including: administration, onboarding, offboarding & lead local HR initiatives.
- Conduct weekly building inspections, noting issues relating to maintenance and janitorial. Open work orders for issues noted during inspection.
- Hands-on support when needed, i.e. event set ups, room configurations, employee desk moves, deliveries, etc. Provide up to date information for Workplace Experience’s Wiki Page.
- Serve as a key point of contact for various events or meetings. You will be the coordination expert to assist in determining room preference and configurations. Compile and share conference room setup requirements, coordinate food and beverage requests, after hours HVAC, and any janitorial needs.
- Maintain communication with key departments for overlap of needs to include IT, AV, and Security.
- Provide administrative support, including expense management, purchasing and organization of swag, meeting coordination, office and workplace experience equipment care, and supply management.
- Manages accuracy, production, quality and retention of any key program materials.
- Oversee janitorial service vendors and day porters.
- Ensure that facilities problems are identified and repaired quickly, will make certain that building management is delivering quality services and verify that all demands are being met.
- Maintain office supply inventory and stock when necessary.
- Assist with or manage additional/special projects as needed.
- Contribute new ideas to engage and energize the Workplace Experience team in improving productivity, efficiency, and quality of service delivery.
- Oversees or manages the reception desk when necessary.
Account Payable / Accounting / Treasury Support
- Liaise with the Account Payable team to coordinate invoices, make payments for invoices/payrolls under supervision of Japan GM and Finance team.
- Play a liaison role for daily / monthly budgeting matters, coordinating the team of Japan GM/Biz Ops and Finance team.
- Liaise with the Global Source to Pay team on all local vendor/purchase related activities .
- Translation of invoices, contracts, and other documents as needed.
- Assist with creation of purchase requests on behalf of Japan.
- Liaise with Finance and Procurement team for all various travel and expense related activities under the supervision of Japan GM.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 3-5 years of related hands-on Office Manager, Facilities and/or Workplace Operations experience required.
- Broad knowledge of Corporate Operations policies and procedures. Excellent customer service skills with a pleasant and calm demeanor.
- Experience handling internal moves and space planning
- Ability to work in a flexible, positive, and team-oriented work environment, while being open to change and a mindset to initiate and embrace process improvement. Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Self-starter; handles self with minimal supervision and is proactive.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Substantial knowledge and experience using Google suite.
- Ability to walk, stand, kneel, and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Being able to adapt to the multicultural environment, using English and Japanese as common languages used.
Nice to haves:
- College degree preferred.
- Job experiences or professional certificates regarding finance / accounting.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.