Status is a secure messaging app, crypto wallet, and Web3 browser built with sta
Head of Marketing (Technical)
Who You Are?
You’re passionate about open source software and peer-to-peer technologies, and have meaningful experience in leading marketing teams in a startup environment.
You’re prepared to get hands on, but also have experience leading teams and managing people.
You understand communications within the blockchain space requires a different approach from the corporate world and most startups, and you can not only generate original campaign ideas that reflect this culture - but you can lead them through all stages of execution.
You enjoy a remote work environment that is fast-paced, and you help create an amazing, positive workplace. You enjoy working with a diverse group of people and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What We Need?
You’ll work closely with our marketing, engineering, product and research teams to help support the Status Network’s marketing efforts. You’ll lead the marketing efforts of the Status’ Network and help to educate developers, and users on the protocols, infrastructure, and use-cases.
- Develop and lead the overall communications strategy of The Status Network
- Lead a team of any future marketing hires dedicated to specific protocols, communities and products that comprise the network.
- Develop and execute marketing strategy and campaigns for the Status network (including Nimbus, Vac and more), and evangelise the network to technical audiences.
- Develop and execute on original campaign ideas that are open, participatory, and community-centric, and fit within the open source ethos of the organization and brand.
- Manage the production of demos, tutorials, technical papers and conference presentations that demonstrate the possibilities of the Status network and grow its active community.
- Generate interest and excitement in Status through intelligent promotion and marketing our products, services and brand.
- Plan resources, and manage budgets and timelines to support key product launches with the development of the required technical content.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise - You ideally have:
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!]
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain and peer-to-peer technology.
- Experience leading marketing/communications teams within a startup environment.
- Technically-minded with some background in software development or engineering, or working with technical products.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in marketing/communications.
- Strong experience with marketing technical products to a global audience - including a successful track record of either building vibrant open source communities or bringing products to market in emerging technologies.
- A strong alignment to Our Principles.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Extreme focus on quality of work and a strong eye for detail.
Bonus points if:
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience working for an open source organisation.
- You identify with the Cypherpunk movement.
September 1, 2021