Decentralized Finance Made Interoperable
Frontend Engineer (React + TypeScript)
£40k – £50k, 0.1% – 1.0% stock options
We are looking for a frontend engineer to help us implement Interlay’s cross-chain communication platform.
The current design revolves around a trustless Bitcoin-Polkadot bridge that will serve as the main gateway for bringing Bitcoin liquidity into Polkadot’s ecosystem. Polkadot, developed by Parity Technologies and the Web3 Foundation, is one of the industry’s flagship blockchains and has raised over USD 150 million. The underlying framework follows a detailed specification and is based on the XCLAIM paper, published at the top-tier security conference IEEE S&P.
In parallel, we are building a trustless & non-custodial trading platform for cross-chain derivatives, with a focus on Bitcoin.
Your task will be to design and build the web-based user interface using React and TypeScript for (i) the cross-chain communication framework and (ii) the trustless trading platform. Thereby, you will connect the frontend to the Polkadot and Ethereum blockchains via REST/RPC, and design usable integrations into Bitcoin (web) wallets.
You will need to have an excellent understanding of React and TypeScript best practices and experience with writing production-ready software (incl. E2E testing). Experience with development in blockchain-based environments is strongly encouraged, as you will need a basic understanding of the underlying technology to build user flows and simplify interactions without loss of security. Knowledge of standardized & responsive CSS frameworks, such as Bootstrap, is beneficial.
*What you will do*
- Build a React + TypeScript frontend for a trustless cross-chain asset transfer & derivative trading
- Connect to blockchains wallets, including Bitcoin, Polkadot, and Ethereum.
- Contribute to other open-source projects that we integrate with
- Help design simple user flows for complex technical processes
- Work in close collaboration with the founders on preparing product demos
*What you bring*
- Expertise in React and TypeScript
- Experience in creating and deploying usable, production-ready applications
- Experience with delelopment in blockchain-based environments (Bitcoin / Ethereum)
- Passion for secure and well-tested software
- Desire to learn and work with bleeding-edge technology
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in English (and/or German)
*Nice to have*
- Understanding of asynchronous programming
- Understanding of financial products (options, futures, swaps)
*Benefits and Perks*
- Stock options
- Remote working
- Travel to international blockchain conferences
- Allowance for a co-working space
- Yearly retreat
July 8, 2020