Union is building the Credit Primitive for DeFi.
Timezones overlapping with Europe or Americas (remote);
## Who we are
Union Finance is building the Credit Primitive for DeFi.
We believe that open, permission-less, community-owned financial applications are the future and that these new decentralized applications will gain global adoption because the user experience is worlds better.
- **Market opportunity:** There are ~$2B in loans outstanding on Ethereum. All of which are collateralized. In traditional finance un-collateralized lending is 100x that of the collateralized lending market.
- **Product opportunity:** we are building the protocol to enable credit on Ethereum. We believe this is one of the missing primitives to allow DeFi to become Positive Sum and allocate resources to those with more ideas than r.
- **Company opportunity:** we are a team of designers, system engineers, entrepreneurs and crypto veterans looking to build a dream team.
- We're backed by forward thinking investors (like Placeholder, 1kx, Coinfund, KR1, Scalar, and top DeFi Protocol builders).
## What will you be doing?
Working with the design and dev team to build user friendly interfaces for interacting with the Union protocol.
- Taking ownership of the frontend **React** web app hosted on **Vercel**.
- Working with the Design Team to implement **new features.**
- **Building the layout** of new web pages, and re-designing existing ones
- Ensuring the web app is **performant and secure**
- Interfacing with the **EVM, IPFS, and Graph** **as Backend**
## Are you the right person for this role?
The ideal candidate for us has:
- [ ] built multiple web apps using **React**, and ideally using "Web3"
- [ ] a **portfolio** that shows your skills (e.g. in Github, dribbble, etc)
- [ ] an **entrepreneurial spirit** and the skills to take a (rough) idea and make it reality
- [ ] an eye for **detail**, but is pragmatic and able to **get things done fast**
- [ ] great **written communication skills** in English
- [ ] an ability to **self-organize** in a remote-first work environment
- Money you can exchange for things
- A stake in the Union protocol
- Home office stipend
# How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at jacob [at] union.finance
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Brief text on why you're the right candidate for this role
- Portfolio (e.g. link to Github)
- CV (or link to Linkedin profile)
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
May 20, 2021