The APAC Director of Business Development will help us bring our Asia business to new heights. The ideal candidate knows the Asian crypto market and is excited to have a significant impact.
You will be responsible for building new relationships and growing our existing business in Asia and owning opportunities in the region from end to end. You will develop your own strategic growth plan while getting advice and guidance from the Management Team. We have the best interoperability product on the market and work with leading projects in Web3. We have many strategic growth opportunities in the pipeline and a flat organization without corporate bureaucracy. It is up to you to make an impact!
As we are a high-growth start-up in Crypto, we are constantly changing, and so are the responsibilities of everyone in the company. Your role will include owning various projects based on your experience, preferences, and the business needs of the company. There is a lot of room to shape and expand this role - We set no limit! Some representative responsibilities and projects are specified below.
· Develop new relationships with high-profile Crypto dApps, blockchains, & large enterprises. We are already connected to many of these parties or can get a warm introduction from an existing partner. This is about systematically developing relationships and bringing them to the next level.
· Execute on defined Business Development strategy (e.g., targeting prioritized accounts, geographies, industries, etc.)
· Manage day-to-day BD activities, including lead generation, client interactions, conversion, BD-related documentation, tracking and monitoring pipeline, and account planning.
· Keep track of key launches and news in the crypto ecosystem and proactively identify cooperation and business development opportunities.
· Plan and execute joint marketing activities in collaboration with our partners and Marketing.
· Negotiate proposals and contracts with partners.
· Monitor and support partners through the technical implementation process, collaborating with developer relations, engineering, and other cross-functional teams to ensure the successful launch of a partner integration.
· Collect partner feedback and share insights with the Business Development Team for consolidation and analysis.
· Deep knowledge of Crypto and Web3, with an understanding of core segments such as DeFi, Gaming& NFTs
· Deep understanding of both Asian and Western mindsets and ways of doing business in different markets
· Native Mandarin; fluent English; other languages (Korean, Japanese) would be a plus.
· 2-5 years of experience with the Asian (focus on China) Crypto market
· Experience in business development or any client-facing role (management consulting, investment banking, etc.)
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Experience building things and delivering results – this could be professional, academic, or personal, but we want to see some ownership and value-creation beyond execution or functional responsibility in an “average corporate” function.
· Experience in BD or similar roles working with Crypto applications is an advantage.
· Ability to communicate non-technical and technical information, and to bridge the gap for different stakeholders internally and externally.
· [Preferred] BSc/MScin Business/Economics/Finance or any other degree with some quantitative element to it
· Autonomous, distributed environment with the opportunity to work collaboratively in a diverse team across the world.
· Scope to contribute to high-impact work and make a difference in a decentralized protocol.
· Opportunity to challenge yourself while learning heaps of stuff in the process.
· Unlimited time off throughout the year to rest and recharge.
· Competitive compensation with a token grant to participate in the upside of a fast-growing business.
· Opportunity to build the foundations of blockchain protocols that will have a place in history.