This will be a key initial hire for Circle’s recently announced Bermuda office. You will be the Senior Representative and point of contact for the Bermuda Monetary Authority, manage local financial operations in Bermuda, and work with Circle’s accounting team in Boston to report on financial performance.
What you’ll work on
- Act as general manager for Bermudan office including being Senior Representative point of contact for Bermuda Monetary Authority inquiries
- Work with Circle’s Treasury team to ensure Bermudan entity’s liquidity and net capital requirements are met
- Report on monthly financial performance of Bermudan entity and the Circle products it facilitates
- Produce entity annual financial statements and accompanying disclosures with assistance from Boston head office
- Project manage Bermuda component of annual financial statement audit by working with local Bermuda audit team
- Support requests from the Bermuda Monetary Authority under the Digital Assets Business license framework
- Provide local vendor management including payroll provider, banking partners and facilities provider
- Coordinate with Circle’s FP&A team to ensure financial projections for Bermudan entity and products its supports are accurate and complete
What you’ll bring to Circle
- 12+ years of experience in financial operations and financial reporting including 5+ years of experience leading a team
- Experience managing a regional finance operation for a multinational company highly desirable
- Prior experience working with Bermudan Monetary Authority will be highly valued
- CPA or international equivalent preferred
- Prior experience closing books, producing financial reports and experience project managing audits
- Knowledge of both US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Strong communication skills to interact with both internal and external stakeholders and work cross functionally
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets. In March 2019, Circle acquired SeedInvest, the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.