This is a full-time role based out of our office in FiDi in downtown Manhattan.
We're looking for a Data Scientist to join our team, working cross-functionally across marketing, product, and engineering. Our ambitious product roadmap and increased focus on marketing mean that there's tons of exciting work to do in this space.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, design and engineering to scope out current and future needs
- Work as our lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets
- Work with the marketing team to identify and execute analytical experiments to produce meaningful insights
- Use insights from data analysis to identify new opportunities and power our systems and solutions
- Mine, interpret, and clean our data and collect large datasets and variables
- Analyze data for trends and patterns, and interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with engineers
- Communicate findings and solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
- 4-6 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or a related discipline
- Expert SQL knowledge
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, Looker, etc), Excel and programming languages (i.e., R, Python)
- Experience and/or comfort working in a dynamic, startup environment, with several ongoing projects
- Master’s degree in data science, stats, applied math, or related discipline
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform services, such as Big Query, Dataflow, Data Studio, Cloud SQL
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401k)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks, and coffee