Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for someone to join our Legal & Compliance team who’s motivated to solve hard problems—the more complex the better. As a Compliance Analyst, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities as you provide support, subject matter expertise, and develop effective regulatory compliance controls, monitoring/testing, risk management, program governance, and process improvements. This role is a phenomenal opportunity to be part of a growing team and work on cutting edge issues in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Blend’s Legal & Compliance team helps navigate a growing FinTech company through an evolving and complex financial legal and regulatory environment. We enable our industry partners to continuously refine, build, and do business on our innovative business-to-business SaaS platform and other groundbreaking technology initiatives.
How you'll contribute:
- Build and maintain a first-class compliance program
- Conduct compliance and risk assessment activities
- Develop controls for business processes to mitigate legal and compliance risk
- Implement a testing and monitoring program to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls and develop periodic reporting on the test results
- Draft and maintain a library of compliance policies and procedures
- Develop and manage a regulatory change management program
- Work to simplify the legal, regulatory, and risk management requirements and develop strategies to support implementation of those requirements
- Assist in fulfilling information requests from clients and third-party partners
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with business partners
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and privacy laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice
Who you are:
- Knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA, RESPA, ECOA, FCRA, UDAAP, GLBA, TCPA, and CAN-SPAM
- 2+ years of financial services, real estate, and/or insurance experience, preferably in compliance, risk management, and/or audit roles
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable with balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope/direction
- Willingness and ability to learn new laws, rules, and regulations and interpret and apply them
- Ability to work independently and adaptively, anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take the initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges
- Travel up to 20%
- Experience building or maintaining a compliance program
- Experience relating to SaaS centric issues that include privacy and security
- In-house experience at a cloud technology vendor or FinTech company
- Relevant experience in the consumer finance/mortgage space
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.