Ever dreamed about using your data engineering skills to make risk-less, arbitrage profits? Then you've come to the right place! Backed by Bain Capital Ventures and the Stanford University's StartX Fund, Hummingbot is the leading open source algorithmic trading platform for crypto.
This role fuses data engineering, algorithmic trading, and blockchain engineering to support a high-frequency, automated quantitative trading bot. We're an experienced, highly technical team of traders and engineers who are seeking the right person to improve/harden our initial system.
What you'll be doing:
* Improve our trading execution engine that intelligently routes orders between exchanges.
* Create integrations to cryptocurrency exchanges.
* Create and modify trading strategies.
* Make a significant impact in a fast-growing, VC-backed blockchain startup.
You're a great fit if you're:
* Fluent in Python with prior experience in building python applications.
* Have painstaking attention to detail and take pride/ownership in your code and the quality of work you produce.
* Committed to development best practices.
* Resourceful and autonomous when taking on tasks, while at the same time able to collaborate closely with teammates.
* Thrive working with emerging technologies like blockchain with little/no documentation.
* A fast learner who is excited about the potential for crypto/blockchain technology to revolutionize the world.
Perks at Hummingbot:
* Become part of an experienced Silicon Valley-based team that is well-connected in crypto, blockchain and machine learning
* Remote engineer with the possibility of onboarding as a full-time employee/company equity
* Competitive salaries
* Work hard / eat well / have fun culture